- 1½ cups green lentils, rinsed
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1⅓ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted ULTRANOSH sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn if large
- Cook lentils in a large saucepan of simmering salted water until they are tender but still retain their shape, 20–30 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain well again.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, turmeric, ¼ tsp. salt, and a generous grind of pepper in a small bowl to combine; set aside.
- Toss lentils, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. oil, and remaining ½ tsp. salt in a large bowl. Gently fold in avocado, arugula, and basil.
- Spread reserved yogurt sauce across a platter and spoon lentil mixture on top; drizzle with oil.
© Heidi Swanson | Chelsie Craig